how to govern and manage the new combined repository (second proposal from thl)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 12 17:59:41 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath schrieb:
> On 1/12/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham schrieb:
>>> I'd suggest Fedora Distribution Committee (FEDCo?), as really, this is
>>> all about the distributions we do.
>> I'm fine with a FESDco *as long* as it's position is below the FTC
>>> I'm open to more suggestions, but I
>>> think FTC 1) has acronym collisions
>> +1
>>>  2) is somewhat broad (infrastructure
>>> is fairly technical, after all)
>> See my reply to mmcgrath.
> In the end I guess my concern is making sure that the groups are able
> to focus on their task while avoiding noise.  "Do one thing well, Play
> well with others"

And I think we tried that already with FESCo and PC in the past and it
worked, but I was not to happy with it (it was not really bad either).
That's why I want a strong groups that's involved in day-to-day things
(the Board afaics does not want to get involved in those) an coordinates
the work that is relevant for multiple groups. Or even overrule them if
needed.

CU
thl