move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jan 15 11:14:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 01:35:37PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>

> >why would it make it harder to search?
> >
> >site:lists.fedoraproject.org at google.
> >
> >trivial to search.
>
> People dont search like that usually though. They type either search
> terms or the name of the mailing lists in the search box.

> We have a few years of established conventions around what they
> would expect the names to be.

Well, we're about to break allmost all established conventions by
removing -list suffix, moving the domain name and renaming/merging
lists. If people don't notice they'll search for
fedora-extras at redhat.com anyway and wonder that this list's last posts
were in mid 2007.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net