move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 15 21:16:52 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>> > On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 22:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> Just so I can keep up with this, is there a pretty strong motivation
> to move forward with this or is the FAB in general just sort of
> opposed or sort of in favor of it?

I am very much in favor of it but we need to know who in the
infrastructure team is going to administrate all these mailing lists and
associated issues - moderation, spam etc. Make sure you talk to Red Hat
team managing this to know much work it takes. I know it is very much a
non trivial amount of requirement and we would be reinventing a lot of
the infrastructure. If the infrastructure team can't manage the
additional workload better than Red Hat team, we should not jump into
this. It might be better to just change the domain and let Red Hat
manage it then.

Rahul