Secondary ARCH

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 20:59:58 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:

>>> Yes and no -- that helps for packages, it doesn't help for ISOs.  Or
>>> live CDs.
>>>
>> these could be created close to the master buildsys and downloaded for
>> testing.
>>

> Building ISOs requires running buildinstall which requires running
> arch-specific stuff.  There's just no way around this.  And I really
> don't want to be in the situation where we have to have a box of the
> arch in the colo for it to be a secondary arch.  If that's the case, we
> haven't succeeded.
>
> Jeremy

Nothing's more complex than the extras updates :-D  All we need to do is
say "SPARC Guys, your trusted.  Tell us where you'd like to stage your
source / binaries / etc"  Then we copy from there to the mirror.  This
is just like what we have set up at duke in many regards.  If we (Fedora
Project Proper) have to support and work and work to keep an arch up and
going then its not a secondary arch.  We have to set up these projects
to succeed on their own.  If they don't, then the community has spoken.

    -Mike