Fedora code of conduct

Dave Carlson thecubic at thecubic.net
Wed Mar 21 08:58:31 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 21:41:02 Mike McGrath wrote:
> Write up some guidelines and see if people approve of them.

Here's a start:

 * Flaming and trolling are absolutely prohibited.
 * Unscrupulous personal comments lead to defections; avoid ad hominem.
 * Courtesy to all technical and linguistic skill levels is necessary.
 * Kindness and respect are mandatory in dealing with differing opinions.

Kidding aside, I don't think we can get something concrete out of a code of
conduct process.  With that, we're left with what amounts to "No Jackassery".
If someone crawls on to our list and (e.g.) calls Alan Cox a noob, well, we
can all have a laugh.  Or are we so easily offended and fragile that decorum
necessitates bureaucracy?

-Dave