Fedora code of conduct

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed Mar 21 10:13:17 UTC 2007

tir, 20 03 2007 kl. 15:16 -0500, skrev Tom "spot" Callaway:
> On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 06:45 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > The recent Gentoo mailing lists flamewar[1] leading to developers
> > quitting and subsequent adoption of a code of conduct[2], it might be
> > useful for us to proactively put in a code of conduct for all of Fedora
> > mandatory for all the contributors and for users as well as a prominent
> > note for all the mailing lists subscribers and possibly other means. We
> > haven't had major issues such as these but as well as scale to more
> > contributors it would good to have a mechanism like this and enforce
> > that. Comments?
>
> Honestly, I'd rather deal with that when we need to, and not before.

Absolutely, there's no need to add rules and guidelines just for the
sake of it. It's a waste of time and it gets in the way. Honestly if we
community often when people realise they step over the line they will
volunteer a apology for their behavior. I don't think we need to police
our ranks just yet, I hope we never have to.

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”