[Fwd: Re: Fedora free software?]

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 20:12:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Dave Jones wrote:

> This problem is much bigger than just wireless too. If we decide to go
> the crazy debian route of not shipping firmware, we can forget about a
> ton of storage hardware, a bunch of ethernet drivers, x86 microcode
> updates, some sound cards and probably a bunch of USB gadgets.

That's not even something we're talking about.

Fedora's "freedom position" has been pretty consistent for a while now.
There will always be people who don't like it, and so we'll have one of
these threads from time to time, but that doesn't mean we're making any
major new decisions.

Certainly, Dave, no change like that would ever happen without you being
part of the conversation.

--Max

--
Max Spevack