What do we think of this?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Mar 27 19:47:44 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 02:39:45 pm Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 12:31:35PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> > Here's where things could get interesting -- Can we make it easy for
> > third party repositories to stay informed of what dep-breaking packages
> > have been built and are waiting to be pushed to the repository?  Can we
> > make it easy for them to grab those packages and do a rebuild that waits
> > in the wings for our push to make the new package live?
>
> AFAIK, the needsign repo is available for mirroring from the builders,
> and if it isn't available by public rsync, probably could be.

Extras is available by http Core is not.  right now there are no plans to
enable it for the merged world.  though things could be built against
updates-testing and be ready for when it goes live.  the only problem then is
security fixes that need to be rushed through.

One of the longer term goals  is to have a means to announce out what was
built so that Red Hat can do their own builds of rawhide for RHEL.  there is
no reason that this couldnt be made available to 3rd parties to trigger
builds for them.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE