codec buddy pain

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at 0xdeadbeef.com
Mon Nov 5 19:04:17 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> If that's the case then we should just give up on this quixotic goal of
> having a pure-free-software distro and start talking to companies for
> how they'd like us to provide their closed-source packages and how to
> tie a webstore frontend into yum.

yumgate!  woo!

In all seriousness I don't think that there are a lot of instances where
we would be willing to do something like what we've done in this case.
I'm happy with inconsistency, as long we're transparent about it.

In this case it's just because there's no other legal way to do it.  We
can't even ship the free versions because of patent concerns.

--Chris