codec buddy pain

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at 0xdeadbeef.com
Mon Nov 5 22:06:21 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
> Yes, exactly.  Chris' statement earlier seemed to imply we did
> something in F8 to make it technically possible to get legal codecs,
> where that really isn't the case.  It was just made easier.

Easier is important.  But that's not the point.  I think that Seth's
worried that we're using our valuable real estate to promote a company.
A special exemption, if you will.  And I'm fine with it.  If there were
another company you could get the same stuff from I would suggest that
we add them as an option.  But we're not there right now.

--Chris