Dealing with PPC in Fedora 9(+)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Nov 13 00:20:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 12:58 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Clarify for me one thing. Assuming you slip relative to x86 release
> date and you need to use f9-updates packages... what are we doing with
> respect to ensuring source distribution?  Will you be rolling srpm
> isos that match the binary isos?  We don't make any effort to keep
> srpms nor binaries for updates  available for the full lifetime of a
> release.  So i just want to make sure we know what we are doing for
> secondary arches to meet source distribution requirements.

Hm, interesting question.

In the past, when I've done 'Fedora X + stuff' releases, such as the
spins I've done for newly-supported hardware like Pegasos and PS3, I've
shipped the install tree with an SRPMS/ directory containing the two or
three packages which I had to update. Would that be a reasonable answer?

Of course, my preferred answer is just not to slip :)

--
dwmw2