Legal update

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 16 14:37:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 09:31 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> The semantics of the how are not really my call, as long as you follow
> these two rules:
>
> 1. The only place we can link to 3rd party repositories is from
> fedoraproject.org, under the terms that I originally described.
>
> 2. We cannot directly link to 3rd party repositories from any Fedora
> package.

If codeina used a file housed on fp.o that talked about livna and
fluendo, etc, would that be acceptable?

essentially, if we modified codeina to get this file:
/usr/share/codeina/xml/available-plugins.xml

from our website. Or referred to our site from that file, even.

that sounds like it is within the rules.

-sv