Legal Update

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 16:29:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:23:47 -0500
Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> I personally feel that you're trying any way possible to get around
> what Legal has said.  It's very reasonable to assume that if you
> attempted to do /something/, were told that Fedora can't help you
> do /something/ but if you happen to look over /here/, that we are now
> putting context into what /here/ is and what /here/ provides.  This is
> what Legal does not want us to do.

To put it another way;  If you came to me and said you were thirsty.  I
said I don't have water, because it's illegal for me to provide you
water.  I give you a list of vendors that sell water, and also I have
this "Free alternative" link.  This link takes you to a generic looking
list of buckets, no information about what is in each bucket.  Is it
not logical that you would /assume/ that all of those buckets had water
in them?

--
Jesse Keating