Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 15:34:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:15:19 +0100
Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:

> 1) it's very clear
> 2) downstream can point to sources hosted by the Fedora Project
> 3) sources do not have to be stored 3 years, but (for example) a one
> release lifecycle
>
> If possible, this certainly looks like a winner.

Well, sources would need to be available for as long as downstreams
have done a binary release based from those sources.  Whether Fedora
hosts those sources, or Fedora says they'll host those sources for a
period of time and then retire them, at which point the downstream has
to pick up the sources is debatable.  Easier to manage if we provide
hosting for as many downstreams as possible, at least the exploaded
content so that hardlinks can be maximized.

I don't know if distribution via v3 is even possible at this point, I'm
just looking into the future.

--
Jesse Keating