Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:13:22 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 10:00 AM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> The concern is that depending on the legal interpretation of 3b and 3c
> of the GPL, the clock may restart on every redistribution. So, we host a
> release of Fedora for 3 years, then take it down, but on the day before
> we do, someone else redistributes it and then asks us to honor our "3
> years worth of source" promise, since for them, it hasn't been three
> years since their initial date of redistribution.

I have a pile of F7 live cds. If I'm still a board member 3 years from
now (god forbid) and I had that F7 livecd out. Is Fedora as a project
responsible for making the source available still?   Again how we are
dealing with livecds right now makes this issue unavoidable. If the
clock starts over everytime i hand one of these officially pressed
disks out.. you're screwed. I have enough f7 livecd disks left to hand
out once a year for the next decade or more.  Feel free to fly up here
and forcible take them from me.... muhahahahahahaha.

-jef