Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 18:33:24 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:48:04 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>

>> I really have no personal stake on it. So this is a gross mis
>> characterization and only distracts us from having a conversation
>> about real issues. Please avoid doing so.
>>

> What are you really looking for the board to say here?  "We want it."
> Ok, then what?  Work still has to get done, and there is still nobody
> volunteering to do it.

In fairness, when the board does say "we want it" and no one is
volunteering to do it, it falls on me.  This sort of situation has come
up very rarely in the past.  But I'm not under the impression that the
board actually does a copy of cvs in git that gets updated periodically
for people to use at their leisure.  I'd think the board might only get
involved once a few proposals are put forth and the community can't
decide which one to use.  Up till now though no comprehensive proposals
have been put forth "Lets use git" isn't a proposal.

    -Mike