Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 18:51:57 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:48:04 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> As has been indicated before, the board already has a stake in the
>> discussion having expressed the desire to see Fedora as a better
>> upstream and having initiated the SCM SIG. So it is not really a
>
> The Board didn't start the SCM SIG.

I know that. They expressed the desire to see it happen which is exactly
the kind of actions that I am asking for.

>>> Your insistence at having them declare something one way or another
>>> seems to be nothing more than whining because you aren't getting your
>>> way.
>> I really have no personal stake on it. So this is a gross mis
>> characterization and only distracts us from having a conversation about
>> real issues. Please avoid doing so.
>
> It's not a distraction.  You're essentially going around the people
> that have the most knowledge about the necessities involved by trying
> to invoke the Board to tell them how to do their role.

What am I doing is expressing a wish to see this happen and explaining
why I believe it is important that the board take a active role on these
matters as a former member myself.  This is neither whining nor
dictating anything. If anybody thinks they have all the knowledge they
ever need to act on these things and aren't open to hearing others
ideas, then I am afraid there is nothing more to discuss.

Rahul