Localized spins

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 19:59:46 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> If we don't want to host them, am I still allowed to call them Fedora?
>
> standard rule:  If these are compromised of only packages already in
> Fedora, yes.

Earlier IIRC I was told that I still have to get the approval from
Fedora Board if I want to use the Fedora brand for a customized spin of
any sort. If that is not the case, the trademark guidelines probably
need to be modified or the current policy written down somewhere
officially so that everyone can rely on the information to distribute
their customized Fedora spins without necessarily having to make them
available via spins.fp.o first.

Rahul