Mailing lists

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 3 13:10:55 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:02:27PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A number of Fedora mailing lists have very outdated descriptions
>> including references to "Fedora Core". Is anyone responsible for making
>> sure that the descriptions of all the mailing lists are up2date and
>> generally taking care of them?
>>
>> The wiki could use some more attention as well. FESCo is still posting
>> updates to wiki pages under the Extras hierarchy for example.
>
> Why is any of that fedora-advisory-board material?

I think the disorganization of mailing lists is a project wide concern
and we have discussed it in here before.  Knowing who, if anybody is
taking care of it, would help choose a more direct venue perhaps.

> As for the wiki, it's a wiki.  Fix it.  If it bothers you but you aren't
> bothered enough to actually fix it, why would anyone else?

You are probably not remembering the history here. Feel free to look up
list archives. I did most of the renames of the pages during the
core-extras merge and there was some concerns expressed in this list
that it was overstepping FESCo's domain and that's the reason I don't do
it anymore.

Rahul