Mailing lists

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:21:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 06:40:55PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:02:27PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A number of Fedora mailing lists have very outdated descriptions
>>> including references to "Fedora Core". Is anyone responsible for
>>> making  sure that the descriptions of all the mailing lists are
>>> up2date and  generally taking care of them?
>>>
>>> The wiki could use some more attention as well. FESCo is still
>>> posting  updates to wiki pages under the Extras hierarchy for
>>> example.
>>
>> Why is any of that fedora-advisory-board material?
>
> I think the disorganization of mailing lists is a project wide concern
> and we have discussed it in here before.  Knowing who, if anybody is
> taking care of it, would help choose a more direct venue perhaps.

IIRC there is a *-owner address for each list
(e.g. fedora-devel-list-owner at redhat.com).  You could send email to
the list owners that way, and any one of them should be able to remove
"Core" from the description.  Chris Tyler and I updated the
description of fedora-list not too long ago, for example.