Fedora Remix - Clarification

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 21:52:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 02:30:01AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>> What's wrong with "Fedora Remix - Hindi" or "Hindi Fedora Remix"?
>> Those are both perfectly descriptive.
>
> These are allowed then? I take it that anything except inserting words
> in between Fedora and Remix is allowed but a few examples of what is and
> what is not allowed in the guidelines would be helpful.

It's hard for me to imagine what kinds of rational uses wouldn't be
allowed that wouldn't fall into one of the general guidelines (like
disparaging use, or misspellings).  The latest draft of the trademark
guidelines -- being reviewed by Red Hat Legal -- makes it more clear
that this is a unit of text.

The words "Fedora Remix" and the Fedora Remix design mark were created
to make sure that people doing remixes could point interested people
back to Fedora, and simultaneously benefit from the Fedora brand's
value.  Uses like "FroBozz 10, a Fedora Remix" or "Fedora Remix -
Blagnasticator!" are precisely what we envisioned.