Fedora events in 2009

Sat Dec 20 23:39:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

[snipped]

> To that end, I would like to re-brand the idea of "Fedora Ambassador Day" to
> "Fedora Activity Day" (still keeping the FAD acronym).  The idea of the new
> FAD is to bring smaller groups of people in a region (I'm picturing 5-20)
> together for day-long or weekend-long sessions that focus on one or two
> specific Fedora topics, and also include some sort of social event, or
> interesting location.

[snip]

I like this idea. Packaging, L10n, i18n, QA - the potential of a
short, quick scrum to tick off items and get things done would work
out nicely.

> Smaller, contributor-focused events that have specific goals, and can be
> organized by whoever is interested in putting them together, wherever they
> are in the world.  These events complement FUDCons, and allow us to mix
> FUDCons and FADs together in different regions of the world with more
> flexibility and modularity.

We would require a page to keep a track of the FADs happening and
insist on similar reporting as we do for events.

Perhaps a simple requirement of having specific SMART goals that are
tactical rather than strategic is something we can easily mandate for
the FADs.