dormant bugs and our perception

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:32:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 3:07 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> One problem with this is that there tend to be a fair number of
> duplicate bugs filed.  So fifty people triaging one bug a piece means
> that they don't catch those duplicates and treat them as such.  Instead,
> they seem them as fifty separate bug reports.

I've seen you do this on pirut bugs.  I'm starting to get a handle on
interpreting those tracebacks for ya and dup'ing as necessary :).
I've been meaning to contact you about that. since pirut bugs seems to
be commonly filed and mostly duplicates (or not pirut and some
underlying yum/yum plugin issue).

> One big and important part of triaging is looking at the patterns which
> appear when you look at larger numbers of bugs.  Both from the point of
> view of effectively handling issues as well as from the perspective of
> being able to provide information to developers as to what areas need
> work

Agreed.