closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jan 5 12:04:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 13:45 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I can put some time this weekend into closing out old bugs, however,
> before doing so, I wanted to make sure that our messaging is crystal
> clear.

I've got a better idea. Let's just close _all_ the non-packaging bugs,
even current ones, with a message such as the following:

	This is a bug in the software, not the packaging.  This needs to
	be reported to the $PACKAGE author, not to me, the Fedora
	packager.

Wouldn't that be a great thing for Fedora? We could reduce the bug count
to almost zero overnight!

--
dwmw2