Mandatory subscriptions to a memo-list?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jan 19 21:39:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 02:03:38PM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > Are all packagers/contributors subscribed to fedora-devel-announce?
> > Is subscription mandatory?

It should, as well as ...

> > IMO, the recent blow-up of rawhide has shown once more that a way to
> > send memos to all contributors (in this case "packagers") is needed.
> > Some commits to packages say "Rebuild for new glibc ABI" which clearly
> > is based on misunderstanding the wrong broken deps notifications. I this
> > case, an early memo would have saved packagers from preparing
> > unneeded rebuilds.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I have similar problems when sending outage notifications.  When I have a
> message to get out to the community, where do I send it?  In the case of
> outages it affects art, docs, websites, etc teams.  But the plain old
> Fedora-announce list doesn't seem quite right (its more for end user
> communication I think).

... Fedora artists, documenters, webmasters etc.

Or paraphrased: Everything not end-user consumable should go to
fedora-devel-announce and everyone involved with Fedora more than as
an end user should be subscribed there.

The alternative of creating new *-announce lists will add to the list
inflation problem.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net