Fedora Board Recap 2007-JAN-13

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jan 20 21:23:56 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Max Spevack wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>
>>> the biggest one is that if you install it you get twm as the window
>>> manager and not a XFCE desktop environment.
>>
>> Maybe we should just call it the Fedora TWM spin.  ;)
>
> Well, if you boot it as a live cd or in USB, you will get Xfce. Post
> installation, it defaults to TWM which is think is a bug somewhere since
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop just disappears. Also /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients
> probably should not hard core the logic it does. I have the kickstart
> file at
>
> http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-fedora-8-xfce.ks
>
> Any help is welcome.

I'm confused with the EOF's you're using.

It seems you want /etc/rc.d/init.d/fedora-live to have:

cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop <<ANOTHEREOF
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startxfce4
ANOTHEREOF

wrapped within the entire %post's cat << EOF, right?

Attached a .ks with a more distinctive clarification of the point I'm
trying to make but I'm not sure it does what you want it to do.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip