Requests to the board

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at
Sat Jan 26 12:42:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 20:41 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:47:36 -0600 (CST)
> Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at> wrote:
> >
> > I've been happy with the board, no need to fix something that isn't
> > broken.
> Ok, so I agree with this mostly.  But likely for an entirely different
> reason.

[Snipped observations ...]

Must have been mulling on this one for a while, because this poured
forth from my brain tonight:

I hadn't formulated those arguments specifically that way before,
perhaps because it was obvious to me what role the Board fills.  It is
interesting to me that a counterpart (Josh) in Fedora leadership within
the sub-projects/SIGs has a different take on it.  Though ... we do
appear to draw similar conclusions:

> Most of the rest of the items I see the board discuss are generated by
> non-board members.  The minutes seem to imply the board finds them
> interesting, chats about them a bit, and then basically waits for the
> originator to do something more with the idea.  Which, I suppose,
> is often the best form of leadership.

Yeah, something like that.

- Karsten
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.