New Fedora Privacy Policy

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 13:58:19 UTC 2008

Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
> Here it is for you folks to look over:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/PrivacyPolicyDraft

If you wish for this information to be kept private, you can opt-out of
displaying this information publicly in your Fedora Account Preferences.
If you choose to opt-out, Fedora will still have access to this information,
but it will not be displayed to others, and will be considered Private.

Is that really practical for 1) account name 2) e-mail address? I'm
not seeing how we can get out of the account name being public, at
least.

Bill