Fedora Board Recap 2008-JUL-15

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 12:13:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 06:50 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I feel a lot of people don't want to comprehend that cross-toolchains
> are ordinary (Fedora-)native applications and do not need any special
> treatment besides the spots where they collide with current policies.

The cross-toolchain (mingw-gcc, mingw-binutils) are ordinary enough.
What is concerning is that:

1. Even though there is a practical standard for cross-compilers, no one
has yet written it down.

2. Some of the folks in the conversation (the libvirt folks) want to
build other (non-toolchain) packages with the mingw cross-toolchain.

~spot