Fedora Unity releases updated Fedora 9 Re-Spin

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jul 20 20:26:55 UTC 2008

The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new ISO
Re-Spins (DVD) of Fedora 9.

These Re-Spin ISOs are based on the officially released Fedora 9
installation media and include all updates released as of July 18th,
2008. The ISO images are available for i386 and x86_64 architectures via
Jigdo starting Sunday, July 20th, 2008 (or, "right now").

We were unable to include CD Image sets this time, due to problems we
are experiencing ordering the packages and sorting them amongst the
different discs in the set. A default installation would have required
all discs.

With this particular Re-Spin though, we address the following problems:

- #445517, Anaconda crashed during selecting packages (installation
mode); Translation of plural in Russian made anaconda fail during the
selection of packages, if the installation was done in Russian

- #445974, minstg2 installs fail - missing /usr/sbin/lspci

We would like to give a special thanks to the following for testing this
respin within 2 days

- Harley-D             Dana Hoffman Jr
- zcat                 Jason Farrell
- Sonar_Guy            Scott Glaser
- Southern_Gentleman   Ben Williams
- kanarip              Jeroen van Meeuwen

Fedora Unity has taken up the Re-Spin task to provide the community with
the chance to install Fedora with recent updates already included.
These updates might otherwise comprise more than 1.91 GByte of downloads
for a full install, and an additional 265.69 MByte for pulled in
dependencies.

This is a community project, for and by the community. You can
contribute to the community by joining our test process.

A full list of bugs, packages and changelogs that have been updated in
this Re-Spin can be reviewed on:

http://spins.fedoraunity.org/changelogs/20080718/

Go to http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins to get the bits!

If you are interested in helping with the testing or mirroring efforts,
please contact the Fedora Unity team.

Contact information is available at http://fedoraunity.org/ or the
#fedora-unity channel on the Freenode IRC Network (irc.freenode.net).
To report bugs in the Re-Spins please use http://bugs.fedoraunity.org/

Kind regards,

The Fedora Unity Team