Election Data

CLAY S clay at brokenladder.com
Fri Jul 25 21:28:33 UTC 2008

LOL.

Incidentally, this makes me curious to talk to a few of the candidates and
see how well they feel the voting method worked.  Does the winner think it
was a success?  Does the lowest-rated candidate think he would have done
better with a different voting method?  Are there any feelings of
bitterness?  This is all quite fascinating to me, because as much as we've
studied and simulated score voting, it has been so rarely used for
contentious elections that we really stand to learn a great deal by hearing
from the candidates as well as the voters.

So...candidates?  Any thoughts?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 13:51, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 08:47 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > controversial since no governance was involved. You might even be able
> > > to make the case that the release name election is more contentious.
> ;-)
> >
> > And hopefully has better turnout. Not to hijack a thread, but there
> > *has* to be something that we can do to get better than 8% voter
> > turnout - not sure what that something is, but it's gotta be out there
> > somewhere :)
>
> Do we need a Monster Raving Loony candidate?
>
> Er, wait, wasn't that me?
>
> --
> dwmw2

clay shentrup