Board term limits

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jul 26 06:44:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 00:20 -0700, Luis Villa wrote:

> It seems to me that a term limit would just get a different set of
> full-timers on the board. If full-timers are the problem (and I agree
> that they might be) you might consider instead a cap on the number of
> people who work on fedora full time. The GNOME Board does something
> similar (no more than 40% of seats be held by any one company) and it
> seems to work pretty well for us.

I came in to this somewhat ambiguous, thinking that term limits made
some amount of sense.  So, I've been swayed by the various concerns and
definitely think the idea needs lots more consideration before adoption.

So far, the idea of limiting the company representation on the Board
makes the most sense as a preemptive strike against evil corporate
dealings and ill-thought reasoning about the Board's make-up.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41