Spins proposals

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 22:36:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 12:07 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> > Once we are able to provide shell access to a Fedora Infrastructure
> > controlled compose host for composing signed images, the Spin SIG as a
> > group will need to decide how they want to make use of that
> > infrastructure to compose images with appropriate signatures.   The
> > resulting spins will have to be hosted elsewhere in the community, but
> > will be linkable from spins.fp.org webspace controlled by the Spin
> > SIG.  And yes, people are working towards making this sort of compose
> > host access available, but its not going to happen tomorrow.
>
> Actually, this part could happen tomorrow to a degree.  Infrastructure
> already provided two Xen guests to do composes on.  There are some of us
> that have access to them.  I used them to spin the XFCE spin.

/me notes we're not happy about it either[1].  Especially since no one has
attempted to get a permanent solution working together yet.  Yes, Mock +
selinux blows.  Someone needs to fix it though.  What ever happened to wevisor?

	-Mike

[1] Totally not directed at Josh.  But Infrastructure created a bandaid in
the interest of getting spins out the door and I feeling that people think
that its a solution.... its not.