One person - several FAS accounts? (was: bodhi abuse?)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 22:27:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 03:19:35PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>Hopefully someone who can write mo' betta can fix it but:
>
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination
>
>As far as I'm concerned, that goes in to place at the end of the week if
>no one has any problems with it.  At that time the Infrastructure Team
>will start fielding complaints and we'll start contacting people and
>disabling accounts who are in violation.
>
>Questions comments?  Speak up!

I would phrase the last sentence as "Multiple accounts for an individual
person needs FESCo approval."

Of course, this will need to be detected and acted upon to really have any
meaning at all.  And while the policy is fine, there's really not much you
can do about people using "anonymous" hotmail/yahoo/gmail/etc accounts.

Really, this is just to keep the honest people honest.

josh