Community Domain Names - self purchased

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:51:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:23:36PM +0100, Paul Mellors wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a domain name that i would like to use as the Fedora UK community
> website [unless there is already one], i've read the pages on the wiki
> [local community domain]  and wonder what i need to do to get permission
> to use that domain [fedora-uk.org] and develop a site on it.
>
> I'm not aware of a UK community leader that i can contact so i thought
> i'd email my self, i hope i have the correct mailing list.
>
> Thanks for your time

We can provide a uk.fedoracommunity.org domain for you, which is a
no-cost option.  If you would prefer to buy your own domain in
addition to the hosting, you will need a trademark license agreement.

To do that, the Board would like to have information on what exactly
will be provided at the site.  I'd like to invite you to expand on
your plans for the site, including:

* The team that will maintain the site, and their current role(s) in
  the Fedora community

* What applications will be available at the site (static pages?
  blogroll? etc.)

This information is something the Board is now requesting for domain
applications.  I've added these bullets to the [[Local community
domains]] page to reflect the change.