Statistics problem

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:44:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> uniq-ing the IP addresses doing the downloading.  That method has the
> potential to cut out legitimate, repetitive downloads from inside a
> firewall.  I'd feel better cutting those ticks out if they were

I'm not sure if you can see this in our logs or not (you might have to
have the individual mirrors logs :( ), but if the response code is a
206, that means it was a RANGE request - to download part of a file.
It's not at all uncommon for a download manager to open 20-30
connections to download the same file for the same user.,

So I'd opt for the conservative approach of uniques as well.