Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2009-02-03

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 23:04:10 UTC 2009

Recap and full IRC transcripts for the moderated and public channels are
here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2009-02-03

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Board Questions & Answers ==
* See the log for detailed answers
* What is Fedora?
** More discussion on this topic at the Board's next meeting
* What is the news on the 'incident' last year, and when can we hear more?
* Is Red Hat ever going to do main stream ads for Fedora (like on TV or
Radio)?
* Why will there be no FUDCon associated with the Red Hat Summit in
Chicago in September 2009?
* Why don't we replace the offical GA release with an updated one from
Fedora Unity and archive the GA release when they have released an
updated GA release ?
* Is cowsay code or content? ... the question really is how can I look
at a package and classify it as code or content?
* Now with the ability to create a "live" cd shouldn't Fedora stop
officially site with a specific DE ( Now it's Gnome ) and allow all DE
to compete on a fair ground and all reference to "Desktop"  would
strictly be a generic one ( containing a just a list of all the DE's
that Fedora offers ) ?
* What key strategic initiatives is the board pursuing for 2009?
** glezos would like to see this question discussed in more detail on a
Board phone meeting and come up with more specific and consistent answers
* Have we identified target groups to seek out as contributors? Or are
we content with a walk-in only approach to recruitment?
* Could the board collect some questions in advance of these meetings so
more thought could be given to them before the board discusses them?
* Is the Desktop SIG a Gnome Desktop SIG or is that SIG made up of
members from other *DE SIG's?

== #fedora-board-meeting ==