power savings: a goal of the fedora project

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:50:33 UTC 2009

seth vidal wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to suggest that saving power be a goal of the fedora project in
> its development of the fedora linux distribution. If there are settings
> we can set which will not deeply and adversely impact users but will
> conserve energy then should set them.
>
> I'd like to hear from others on this subject.
>
> -sv

I know I'm late on this one... but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway.

The only semi-serious issue with this that I can see... is a possible
adverse affect
on BOINC users.

Perhaps such a feature could include an auto-detect mechanism to prevent
any
adverse affect when BOINC is running?

Lyos Gemini Norezel