Fedora Remix definition

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 07:29:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Would we feel comfortable extending the Fedora brand power to that
> sort of experiment under the terms of the Fedora Remix secondary mark?

I think the answer to this question needs to be yes.  People have to
feel like they can experiment radically with the base that Fedora
provides, and that they can do it with the "blessing" of the larger
Project.

To do otherwise would be to stifle some innovative ideas while still in
the cradle.  We should be encouraging people to try really outside the
box ideas.  Some of them might end up being brought back to FESCo or
other parts of Fedora as truly innovative.

--Max