Fedora Board Recap 2009-01-20

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:36:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 09:26:53PM -0500, mmcgrath at redhat.com wrote:
>> Simply trying to make a free distribution just isn't enough for us and
>> the
>> talent we have in our project anymore, what's next?.
>
> It did just dawn on me that I might be trying to fix something that
> isn't really broken. So I'll sit tight and see what others think. Kthx.
> :-)

So, I had this big long-winded email drafted up about various things in
response to your other email.  And then I got to the bottom where you
asked this question and thought "hey... Mike and I are actually on almost
the same page, just from different angles.  So why does he think we need
to fix something?"

Then you send this out.  And I feel better :).

josh

Fwiw, the long rambling email was about how the distro itself is only
part of what Fedora is, and at that level it's really hard to differ
yourself for more than a couple of months from your competitors when
everything you do is given back for free.

But then, you already know that.