The Fedora experience

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Nov 5 20:57:17 UTC 2009

Please check this article out. I think with our new website design we
need to be providing an experience - a presentation - like this, and
these techniques seem like they'll be a useful guide.

~m

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/oct2009/sb2009106_706829.htm

Uncovering Steve Jobs' Presentation Secrets

"For his new book, communications coach Carmine Gallo watched hours of
Jobs' keynotes. Here he identifies the five elements of every
presentation by the Apple CEO" ...

"1. A headline. Steve Jobs positions every product with a headline that
fits well within a 140-character Twitter post. For example, Jobs
described the MacBook Air as "the world's thinnest notebook." That
phrase appeared on his presentation slides, the Apple Web site, and
Apple's press releases at the same time. What is the one thing you want
people to know about your product? This headline must be consistent in
all of your marketing and presentation material."