Upcoming Fedora Election Schedule (Proposal)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:21:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> inode0 wrote on 09.11.2009 06:16:
>> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>> I meant to publish the questions on the 17th so we could begin
>> generating them ASAP and have the answers returned by the 23rd giving
>> a couple of days to you (I hope you are willing to help with this
>> again) to work your magic on them.
>
> /me better should have kept his nose down, as then maybe someone else
> might have taken care of that work
>
> I assume there is no one around that wants volunteers to do it?

Please help again, your work last time made a real impact.

>> So I think the only question is whether to have the nomination period
>> before or after the publication of the questions. I'm not sure how I
>> feel about that.
>
> Actually I'm not completely sure myself. A bit of overlap could work as
> well...

If I don't hear any yelling what I think I plan to do at this point is
have the nomination period and the collection of questions overlap
completely running Nov. 10-16. The final questions can be published
for the candidates to answer on the 17th and we'll give them one week
until the 23rd to return them. That will hopefully give them time to
carefully craft their answers without feeling overly rushed.

One question about the question collection process that I need to know
before sending out an announcement is where are those going to be
collected? Will the page here

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections/Questionnaire

be "reset" to begin the current cycle as a collection point for the
new questions?

Thanks,
John