Upcoming Fedora elections

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 00:52:46 UTC 2009

On 11/08/2009 09:40 PM, inode0 wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM, John Poelstra<poelstra at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On 10/26/2009 03:15 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe the Fedora 13 naming election will be happening
>>> significantly before FUDCon, so that we can announce the new name at
>>> the event.  Although that's not technically a requirement, and can be
>>> dropped if desired, it's a little bit of extra fun.  Names would be
>>> collected around the second week in November and a vote around the end
>>> of the month.
>>
>> I stubbed out the schedule for Fedora 13.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_13#Naming_Schedule
>
> Thanks John. I have been asked to consider having the voting period
> for this election include a full weekend. Would this work for you as
> well?  Would this be ok with the legal review needs?
>
>      *  Name collection: November 10 to November 16
>      * List to Fedora Board: November 16 to November 21
>      * Legal Review of Board approved names: November 21 to November 28
>      * Community vote on final name: November 28 to December 4
>      * Name announced: December 5, 2009
>
> John

That seems fine to me.  One thing some people might raise (which I don't
think matters) is that Fedora 12 won't be released before we start on a
name for Fedora 13.  The original dates were drafted before Fedora 12
slipped.

This also shorts the legal review by three work days which might cause
problems.... might not.  It's hard to know how much the "weekend" buys
in this case because it is a holiday weekend in the US.

John P