What questions would you like to ask the Candidates for the Fedora Board, FESCo, and FAMSCO?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Nov 17 06:54:17 UTC 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote on 11.11.2009 22:30:

> As you may have heard already, several seats of the Fedora Board, FESCo,
> and FAMSCO are up for election soon(¹). Right now we are in the
> nomination period, which will be followed by a "Candidate
> Questionnaire." That means we'll give candidates a list of questions to
> answer by private mail within one week after the nomination period
> closed; the results will be publish soon after that to make sure they
> are available to the public before the Town Hall meetings on IRC happen.
> [...]
> If you have one or more questions you'd like to send to the candidates
> simply go and add them to:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections/F13_Questionnaire

I did some cleanups and added a few more question from the last questionnaire. Find below what I plan to sent to the candidates this evening at something like 19:00 UTC. If you dislike something please comment until then in a way to make sure we don't further delay things (yes, I know, that is a tight schedule, but I thought a RFC period of 12 hours is better then none). tia!

CU
knurd

=== Main questions ===

# What is ''The Fedora Project'' to you?
# What do you consider to be Fedora's [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raison_d%27%C3%AAtre raison d'etre]?
# Where do you see the project in one years?
# Where do you see the project in two years?
# Do you see a long-term goal or a "target audience" Fedora should strive for?
# What part of the Fedora project would you change, given total power to do so?
# Please name three things you plan to work on and realize while being on the Committee you run for!
# How would you measure your success as an elected member?
# What are your unique strengths and what are your weaknesses?

==== Committee specific questions: Board ====

# Suppose a user/contributor brings up an issue that bothers an important fraction of Fedora community and he proposes a change in the default behavior of Fedora; but either you don't have personal interest in that area, or (as a user) the issue doesn't bother you. How would you approach the problem?

==== Committee specific questions:  FAmSCo ====

# What would you be doing to ensure that as a body FAmSCo is communicating more with its constituents ?
# What things should be done to promote Fedora in countries where there is little or no Fedora presence, and how you see FAmSCo can support those initiatives?
# Do you see any shortcomings in the mentoring overall process? What do you want to change in that process?

==== Committee specific questions: FESCo ====

# Do you feel that a Fedora release should have a more conservative update policy than rawhide, and if so what types of updates do you feel are acceptable to a stable Fedora release?
# Suppose a user/contributor brings up an issue that bothers an important fraction of Fedora community and he proposes a change in the default behavior of Fedora; but either you don't have personal interest in that area, or (as a user) the issue doesn't bother you. How would you approach the problem?

=== More questions ===

# Why are you a member of the Fedora project?
# Please mention if you are running for re-election or not. Further: If you are running for re-election, what are the things that you promised but could not do? Why so? What are you planning to prevent a recurrence? If you are running for the first time, in your opinion, what are the things that the previous committee could do but couldn't/didn't?
# What is the most important part of the Fedora the distribution? (IE, Desktop, FEL, AOS)
# From your perspective what is it that Fedora brings to linux distros that is unique and original? What sets Fedora apart?