Status of the Free Media Program

Thu Nov 19 01:17:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:27 AM, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Free Media Leaders,
>
> I ended up on some of the Free Media program pages yesterday as I followed
> some of the release links from
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora
>
> At first I thought the program had ended (as in permanently terminated)
> because the pages I ended up said the program was closed.  This led me raise
> this as an issue the board should get status on.  Then Paul Frields told me
> privately that the program is very much alive and suggested sending my
> questions to a wider audience who might be interested and able to respond
> here.

I am not a Free Media Leader, and, without providing direct responses
to the queries <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/2009/04/12/some-bytes-about-fedora-bits/>
is a run down of how things were during April. Since then we have
produced media in bulk to offset the issue of folks not receiving
media. There are certain approaches that I noted on the blog post that
seems to be working for India.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>