Sata Drivers

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 06:35:52 UTC 2009

On 11/19/2009 01:28 AM, Storm's Flower Shop wrote:
> Sata Drivers are the downfall for fedora 11 and fedora 12. Who use IDE drivers any more? They are going away.
>
>  looks Like i'll be forced to use Open suse until Fedora has Sata drivers for the Nforce 750

This is only a little bit passive-aggressive. ;)

Did you file a bugreport? Did you specify the type of computer you have?
Did you mention what kernel & driver OpenSuse uses that works for you?
Did you include a copy of the dmesg/boot.log showing the failure on
Fedora 11 and/or 12?

All of these things would have made a drive-by trolling to the wrong
list into something infinitely more productive.

We test on a lot of SATA systems, and we're not intentionally trying to
cause the downfall of anyone or anything. Help us help you. :)

~spot