Fedora Remix and Adblock extension

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 27 22:46:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

If I include the Adblock extension by default in a Fedora Remix, would I
be violating the Mozilla trademark license agreement? Just wanted to
make sure before I do that.

Reading http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html, it
seems that extensions by default is not allowed but I see other
distributions doing that. In particular, Ubuntu has Ubufox
(https://launchpad.net/ubufox) that offers a choice of flash plugins and
recently, they experimented with a search modification as detailed in

http://lwn.net/Articles/345945/

So, is this allowed or not? If it is not allowed, is there any other
software in Fedora with similar constrains? Can this be documented in
the Remix or Legal pages in the wiki? I think Fedora Board should look
into this matter and hence I am posting it here.

Rahul