SWG Meeting recap for 2010-04-05

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 23:21:10 UTC 2010

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_strategic_working_group_2010-04-05

== Roll Call ==

* Attendees: Matt Domsch, Paul Frields, Mike McGrath, John Poelstra,
Colin Walters, Chris Tyler
* Last meeting:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_strategic_working_group_2010-03-29

== User Base ==
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Poelstra/What_is_a_target_audience
* Paul did a new rendering:
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/temp/user-base-diagram2.png (SVG also
available)
* Paul: Can we show impact or ''pressure'' or ''network effects''
between different groups?
** John: why is it important to show that?
*** Paul: Could be included in separate diagrams
* Chris: previous diagram showed a cut-off line and a group that was not
in the user base
** Paul: will look for a better way to include that
*** difficult to make point of "permeable membrane" between participants
and non-participants
* Mike: should we be grouping ''enthusiasts'' with ''content creators?''
** Paul: Should just say "Ambassadors" here -- people who don't
necessarily create content but are important to the Project
* Chris: are blue colors to be interpreted as ''Fedora''?
** Indicates areas we are doing well
* John: our original goal was to create a diagram that clearly explain
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base what do we need to do next? Are
we getting too far off track by focusing on creating a diagram?
** Chris: It would appear that https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base
answers the question of who our ''target audience'' is
* This topic was discussed at length (~ 1.75 hours)
* While it would be nice to have a default offering that meets
everyone's needs, Fedora doesn't have the resources to do that
*'''NEXT ACTIONS''':
*# Fix first section of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base
*#* Members should make edits and changes before end of business on
Wednesday
*# Propose https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base for acceptance by
the full board

== SWG Spins Pages Resolution ==
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mdomsch/SWG_Spins
* Work that Matt and Colin did showed that there were no significant
reworks or restatements needed by the Board.  Individual pain points
were recognized, and tickets filed for appropriate resolution.
* '''RESOLVED'''
** This topic is closed:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mdomsch/SWG_Spins#Conclusion

== Default Offering ==
*
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Desktop_user_experience_designers
* Paul made changes have been made as requested by Board members in IRC
meeting on Thursday 2010-04-01
* We did not have time to discuss at the meeting
* '''NEXT ACTIONS''':
*# SWG agrees to review this page and provide feedback outside of the
meeting by Wednesday so that the whole board can review and accept.
*# Full board review and accept the content of this wiki page

== Next Meeting ==
* Monday, April 12, 2010 @ 15:00 EDT