Election schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:00:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 07:19:00AM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Whoops, not enough coffee this morning yet, apparently. That should
> >> have been addressed to Larry of course.
> >>

> > Pour me some, since I'll need a cup as well :-)
> >
> > After discussing with John on IRC, we'd like to suggest the following dates:
> >
> > Nominations: Apr. 24 - May 2
> > Questionnaire (answers): May 3 - May 9
> >
> > If I understand him correctly, John mentioned a concern which might result
> > in everyone waiting until the weekend, but these changes afford us time
> > after nominations to schedule town halls as well.
>
> OK, I've put those changes on the elections page:
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

One thing to note about the elections is that a couple start or end
dates fall on weekend days.  This isn't a problem per se, because the
total open period encompasses at least an entire week.  Also, because
we are fortunate to have volunteers running this process, those dates
may actually be helpful for said volunteers. :-)

We can bang the drum a bit a day or two before such openings or
deadlines, so that people who are away for a weekend won't be
surprised or uninformed.