Group application standardization

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:37:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway
>> <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I suspect most of those folks do not read English.
>>
>> or they're bot signups...
>>

> FWIW, at least some of them were actual people who told me they weren't
> sure why they signed up for group X.  Mind boggling :)

It is probably a similar subset of the people who want install everything.

When I went through the groups lists there were so many choices I just
decided to mass submit for some pages as it was easier to have someone
tell me "Hey you didn't want to do that." versus find out later I
needed to apply for a group if I wanted to do something.  I am
guessing it is another example of the too many choices problem: while
some people can't make any decision from the multitude there are..
some people have found it more useful to just choose everything to see
what happens.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning